The global formic acid market is expected to be valued at USD 837.8 Million in 2027 from USD 760.5 Million in 2019, registering a CAGR of 1.2% through the forecast period. Formic acid, also known as carboxylic acid, is a colorless, corrosive chemical substance naturally found in a variety of plants and insects. It releases a pungent odor at room temperature and can be industrially manufactured through biomass oxidation and hydrogenation of carbon dioxide. Formic acid is an essential component in various products, including chemical preservatives, fertilizers, animal feed, and leather products. It is an eco-friendly de-icing agent used to make airport runways ice-free and can also be used as a catalyst in the production of various chemicals.
The global formic acid market is expected to grow at a rapid pace over the upcoming years due to various favorable factors. The surging applications of formic acid in the pharmaceutical, leather textiles, rubber, food processing & preservation, and agricultural industries are key parameters contributing to the global market growth. In the agricultural sector, formic acid is widely used as an anti-bacterial preservative in livestock feed. It is sprayed on fresh hay to prevent decay or bacterial growth. It is also utilized in the oil & gas sector as a thickener for drilling fluids. The expanding food & beverage industry, growing consumption of dairy & poultry products, rising demand for leather textiles, rising applications in the pharmaceutical industry, and increasing use of rubber in various industries, such as automotive, are vital factors spurring the global formic acid market growth.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2823
Key findings from the report:
- Based on application, the leather tanning sub-segment holds the largest share of the global formic acid market. The rapid growth of this segment is accredited to the escalating demand for leather apparel and shoes, increasing use of leather accessories such as belts and bracelets, and the growing use of leather in the automotive sector for vehicle interiors. The thriving fashion industry, changing lifestyles of millennials, and the surging disposable incomes of people further boost this segment’s growth.
- The Asia Pacific formic acid market is foreseen as the largest regional market over the forecast period, retaining the highest revenue share. The rising consumption of milk and poultry products, the booming agricultural sector, the growing demand for leather textiles and footwear, and the expanding pharmaceutical sector, especially in countries India and Japan, are the primary factors stimulating the growth of the Asia Pacific market. Moreover, the rapid growth of the rubber industry in the region, growing demand for formic acid in the food processing industry, increasing demand for animal feed, the growing demand for food, and the rising population are the other significant aspects of the regional market growth.
- Prominent companies operating in the global formic acid market include BASF SE, Eastman Chemical Company, Perstorp, Feicheng Acid Chemical, LUXI Group Co. Ltd., Taminco, Shanxiyuanping Chemicals Co. Ltd., Helm Italia S.R.L., Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers Co. Ltd., Chongqing Chuandong Chemical, and Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers.
Request a discount on the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/discount-enquiry-form/2823
For the purpose of this report, the global formic acid market has been segmented on the basis of grade, production process, application, and region:
Grade Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2017-2027)
Production Process Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2017-2027)
- Carboxylation of Methanol
- Oxalic Acid
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2017-2027)
- Textile Dyeing and Finishing
- Leather Tanning
- Rubber Production
- Intermediary in Pharmaceuticals
- Food Processing
- Animal Feed
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Table Of Content -
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technique
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2018-2027
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
Chapter 4. Market Segmentation & Impact Analysis
To know more about the report, visit @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/formic-acid-market
Thank you for reading our report. For further inquiries or queries about customization, please get in touch with us. Our team will ensure the report you get is best suited to your needs.
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market.
Head of Business Development
Reports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370